Media & Insight
November 17, 2015
JATO Whitepaper – ‘Fiction to Reality – The Evolution of Electric Vehicles’
As the LA Auto Show gets underway, the latest white paper from JATO Dynamics shows that Electric Vehicle (EV) sales grew 43% in 2014, totalling 280,000 units. The USA is the biggest EV market by volume worldwide, with over 71,000 units sold this year.
Further sales forecasts (provided by LMC Automotive) are positive – next year, global sales are expected to reach in excess of 700,000 units, thanks to strong growth in China, Europe and the USA. This trend is expected to continue – the forecast for 2025 sees more than 5.5 million EVs being sold worldwide.
Please use the link below to download the white paper, containing more detailed analysis of the development of the EV market between 2013 and 2015 year to date.
- All the Big 5 European Markets experienced growth, as SUV’s continued to dominate in April
- Knock-on effects of WLTP sinks European car market during September and causes major shakeup in the industry rankings
- Eastern European car registrations up by 15.5% in H1 2017 due to strong economic performance of region
- JATO reveals industry impact as correlated NEDC values are shown to be higher than NEDC tested
- US Vehicle Sales fell by 1.1% in Q3 2017, despite a strong September performance