Media & Insight
November 17, 2015
JATO Whitepaper – ‘Fiction to Reality – The Evolution of Electric Vehicles’
As the LA Auto Show gets underway, the latest white paper from JATO Dynamics shows that Electric Vehicle (EV) sales grew 43% in 2014, totalling 280,000 units. The USA is the biggest EV market by volume worldwide, with over 71,000 units sold this year.
Further sales forecasts (provided by LMC Automotive) are positive – next year, global sales are expected to reach in excess of 700,000 units, thanks to strong growth in China, Europe and the USA. This trend is expected to continue – the forecast for 2025 sees more than 5.5 million EVs being sold worldwide.
Please use the link below to download the white paper, containing more detailed analysis of the development of the EV market between 2013 and 2015 year to date.
- SUV registrations set a record: accounting for 1 in 4 cars sold in Europe in 2016
- European Markets grow moderately in March with SUV’s the main driver
- American loyalty for Pickup trucks remains strong despite price increases
- 2017 off to a strong start with European car registrations up by 9.4% in January 2017
- Strong May for Renault Helps European New Car Sales Soar