JATO Whitepaper – ‘Fiction to Reality – The Evolution of Electric Vehicles’
As the LA Auto Show gets underway, the latest white paper from JATO Dynamics shows that Electric Vehicle (EV) sales grew 43% in 2014, totalling 280,000 units. The USA is the biggest EV market by volume worldwide, with over 71,000 units sold this year.
Further sales forecasts (provided by LMC Automotive) are positive – next year, global sales are expected to reach in excess of 700,000 units, thanks to strong growth in China, Europe and the USA. This trend is expected to continue – the forecast for 2025 sees more than 5.5 million EVs being sold worldwide.
Please use the link below to download the white paper, containing more detailed analysis of the development of the EV market between 2013 and 2015 year to date.
- PSA-Opel lost market share, as European car registrations increased by 1.2% in February 2017
- Demand for SUVs slows to lowest recorded rate in June, indicating that registrations may have peaked in the European market
- European car market finally stabilises in April after months of decline, while Tesla’s volume returns to normal
- European New Car Registrations Buoyed by SUVs during February 2016
- Strong European car market performance continued in July, with highest monthly volume recorded since July 2009