JATO Whitepaper – ‘Fiction to Reality – The Evolution of Electric Vehicles’
As the LA Auto Show gets underway, the latest white paper from JATO Dynamics shows that Electric Vehicle (EV) sales grew 43% in 2014, totalling 280,000 units. The USA is the biggest EV market by volume worldwide, with over 71,000 units sold this year.
Further sales forecasts (provided by LMC Automotive) are positive – next year, global sales are expected to reach in excess of 700,000 units, thanks to strong growth in China, Europe and the USA. This trend is expected to continue – the forecast for 2025 sees more than 5.5 million EVs being sold worldwide.
Please use the link below to download the white paper, containing more detailed analysis of the development of the EV market between 2013 and 2015 year to date.
- European new car market on track for full calendar year of growth
- Demand for SUVs slows to lowest recorded rate in June, indicating that registrations may have peaked in the European market
- The Volkswagen ID.3 becomes Europe’s top-selling electric car in October
- SUV’s continue to drive growth in Europe’s Big 5 markets
- US Vehicle Sales fell by 1.9% in the first quarter of 2017 following declines in traditional segments