Media & Insight
November 17, 2015
JATO Whitepaper – ‘Fiction to Reality – The Evolution of Electric Vehicles’
As the LA Auto Show gets underway, the latest white paper from JATO Dynamics shows that Electric Vehicle (EV) sales grew 43% in 2014, totalling 280,000 units. The USA is the biggest EV market by volume worldwide, with over 71,000 units sold this year.
Further sales forecasts (provided by LMC Automotive) are positive – next year, global sales are expected to reach in excess of 700,000 units, thanks to strong growth in China, Europe and the USA. This trend is expected to continue – the forecast for 2025 sees more than 5.5 million EVs being sold worldwide.
Please use the link below to download the white paper, containing more detailed analysis of the development of the EV market between 2013 and 2015 year to date.
- Volkswagen Golf loses its position as Europe’s best-selling car, as European car registrations increase by 10.8% in March 2017
- JATO North America Publishes Report on recent Automaker Automatic Emergency Braking Commitment
- European car market remains stable for the second month in a row in May, due to strong demand for small and compact SUVs
- Tesla Model 3 becomes Europe’s best-selling pure electric vehicle in February in its first full month on the market
- European car market sees 5th consecutive month of decline in Jan-19, but still records 2nd highest January volume of the last 10 years